Woman Leathergoods Buyer
Founded in 1960 by Valentino Garavani and Giancarlo Giammetti, Valentino S.p.A, is a protagonist of international fashion, and from 2008 until 2016, has gone through an impactful creative evolution.
After 8 years of Creative Co-Direction of Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli, in 2016 Valentino nominates Pierpaolo Piccioli sole Creative Director of the Maison. The Maison Valentino plays a major role in the luxury division through tradition and innovation, a necessary combination for a creative industry that generates the sense of beauty.
Valentino S.p.A. is controlled since 2012 by Mayhoola for Investments S.P.C., a holding company sustained by a group of private investors from Qatar. The acquisition has brought a rapid growth in the potential of the Valentino brand.
Valentino’s fashion is displayed through the Haute Couture and Prêt-à-Porter lines for women and for men and through the Valentino Garavani accessories lines that include shoes, bags, small leather goods, eyewear, scarves, ties and fragrances.
At the distribution level, Valentino is present in over 90 countries through almost than 150 directly operated boutiques and over 1300 points of sale.
Descrizione del posto
Position: WOMAN LEATHERGOODS BUYER
Reports to: WOMAN BUYING MANAGER
We are seeking highly analytical candidates who are collaborative, solution-oriented and can demonstrate proven success.
The women's Leathergoods buyer is responsible for identifying product opportunities and executing merchandising strategies to maximize sales, margin and store performance. Responsibilities:
- Develop pre-market merchandising strategies that are consistent with financial goals
- Manage the buying process including open to buy, product selection and allocation
- Collaborate with headquarters to ensure product requirements are met
- Responsible for in-season management of reorders and store transfers
- Manage weekly allocation process
- Partner with Retail management to address product needs and drive sales
- Initiate and generate daily and weekly business analysis to track selling, identify key trends and maximize opportunities
- Communicate merchandising priorities and business needs to cross functional partners, and ensure proper execution of strategies and goals
- Collaborate with and support management in the development and execution of overarching business strategies to meet and exceed results
- Minimum of 3-5 years of previous work experience working in the luxury retail market in the women's leathergoods category
- Strong retail math and analytical skills required
- Highly proficient in Excel
- 40% domestic and foreign travel required.