Stock Operations Manager - Boutique Torino
Paese : Italia
Regione : Piemonte
Provincia : Provincia di Torino
Città : TORINO
Categoria : Logistica
Tipo di contratto : Tempo Indeterminato
Tipo di lavoro : Full time
Esperienze : Esperienza tra 5 e 10 anni
Presentazione dell'azienda - HERMES ITALIE S.P.A.
Today Hermès is an international group committed to innovation in a subtle harmony between past, present and future. It is a company founded on high standard values of dedication to excellence and authenticity of its objects. An independent family house that pursues its French artisan tradition: Hermès creates, sells and manufactures beautiful, useful and durable objects.
The company brings together more than 20.000 employees in 50 countries; the Italian branch is located in Milan and provides the local support and management to the 10 Stores present in the country.
Hermes Italie was born in 1987 with the first store in Milan, 21 via Sant'Andrea. Since then the branch was opened and the continuous growth lead to the current retail presence in the country: 10 stores, including 2 seasonal openings and 2 flagship stores, located in Milan and Rome.
Descrizione del posto (Mansioni)
Management and coordination
- Team management
- Manage the stock controller team and organize the day-to-day work.
- Set objectives and do the appraisal for the year and provide regular feedbacks.
- Train, coach and develop.
- Transversal management
- Partner with the Store / Department Director to ensure all store processes are run efficiently.
- Work in cooperation with other functions and liaise with upstream stakeholders to ensure flawless operations.
- Liaise with corporate: be the entry point at store level for all questions and issues related to the stock (Customer Service, Logistics at central level, Internal Control, Product Offer at local level).
- Assign corrective actions to store team members in case of stock-related issue.
- Contribute actively to team meetings organized by Store Manager and during morning briefing to report on operational issues and stock-related KPIs.
Stock Operations Management and Control
- Day-to-day operations and controls for a perfect stock accuracy
- Manage, supervise and support the team on processing all incoming and outbound product flows, while ensuring perfect synchronization between physical and system-based flows (receiving, transfers and shipments, returns etc.).
- Monitor and organize /perform the cancellation and reintegration into available stock of expired reservations.
- Supervise Follow-up and correct negative stocks.
- Manage detective / shop soiled products.
- Stock takes & cycle counts
- Plan and ensure an appropriate preparation of stock takes and cycle counts.
- Contribute to scanning and investigations.
- Produce the final report for Finance department (to be validated by Store Manager).
- Propose actions to improve future stock takes results (methods, tool, training…) and reduce shrinkage.
- Ensure activities and checks are performed efficiently and accurately, in agreement with health & safety and security policies.
- Monitor and organize the boutique day-to-day maintenance (lighting, cleaning, access, security) in order to ensure timely interventions and quality controls.
- Work with suppliers and Head Office to ensure timely maintenance interventions.
- Develop security strategies, including planning ad-hoc security for special events.
Continuous process improvement and performance follow-up
- Define and implement an optimized organization of storage
- Define, implement and communicate storage best practices and processes in line with the business needs and internal rules (storage by process, area, signage).
- Proactively perform adjustments whenever necessary to adapt to changing needs (for example challenge storage set-up).
- Stock-related procedures
- Be responsible for the appropriate application of storage rules, stock procedures and best practices (KPIs follow-up, 5S controls: Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain, etc.).
- Be the store’s key user and trainer on stock-related processes: train new comers on processes & tools, communicate on any evolution (new features and/or procedures), support the team on any issue.
- Raise alerts if needed and propose action plan / corrective actions to optimize flows, simplify day-to-day operations and facilitate the work of store team (ex: creation of a deported stock, review of delivery frequency…).
- Replenishment flows
- Liaise with your Store Manager to pull the right products.
- Manage replenishment processes, in coordination with the Store Manager, through analyzing stock levels, future/pending deliveries and sales.
- Help store management to monitor overall stock and prepare purchase (for instance, by keeping track of possible shortages on highly requested products).
- University Degree, preferably with a analytical focus;
- Previous experience of at least 5 years in a Stock and Managerial position, preferably in the Retail environment
- Very organized, rigorous and reliable, proactive and able to organize the work of the team and to anticipate
- Management and communication skills / leadership, ability to work with sales teams and liaise with corporate
- Service-oriented, proactive to propose improvements and support other team members
- Proficient with Excel / IT tools
- Fluent in both English and Italian (French will be considered a plus)