ww Digital Shoes Category Buyer
Influential, innovative and progressive, Gucci is reinventing a wholly modern approach to fashion. Under the new vision of creative director Alessandro Michele, the House has redefined luxury for the 21st century, further reinforcing its position as one of the world's most desirable fashion houses. Eclectic, contemporary, romantic—Gucci products represent the pinnacle of Italian craftsmanship and are unsurpassed for their quality and attention to detail.
Gucci is part of the Kering Group, a world leader in apparel and accessories that owns a portfolio of powerful luxury and sport and lifestyle brands.
For further information about Gucci, visit www.gucci.com
Descrizione del posto
The position is part of ww merchandising of Gucci, reports to the digital buying manager and will manage a team of 1/2 people (assistant buyer).
The main mission of the role is to build a solid central digital buying strategy at ww level, for the categories that he/she is responsible for, that exploits all channel potential, considering regional specificities, and mirrors the brand's vision.
He/she is the point person and the referent on the categories he/she is responsible for, for the following departments: digital ww and regional ebusiness and product content teams, digital ww and regional merchandising, WW collection and retail merchandising, regional retail buying teams (buying managers and buyers), wholesale team, business planning, supply chain.
Key activities and accountabilities
- Responsible for sales planning by category and collection and OTB allocation
- Accountable for the buy by region:
- newness: product selection, orders and depths by skus, allocates bulk, in season reorders
- carry over: management through SMILE (catalog definition, mos in region, monthly reorders check)
- stock management and TSL definition for merchandise allocation (both newness and carry over)
- Ensures alignment with regional dos buyer and digital merchandising in region
- Ensures that main investments are covered with communication support through a brief to digital merchandising, and revises ecard plan calendar according to product delivery
- Verifies that online visual merchandising is reflecting the digital corporate guidelines and the buy priorities in partnership with corporate product content team
- Responsible for message consistency from ecard to landing pages through top hero alignment and VM revision in partnership with corporate product and digital content teams
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English and Italian
- Fashion product sensitivity and comprehension of the industry (fashion and digital)
- 3 - 5 years of working experience in buying (ideally 1-3 years in digital),
- Business acumen
- Analytical skills
- Able to interacts with, flexibility and diplomacy with the stakeholders,
- Hands-on approach and willingness to work in team
- Perfect knowledge of Microsoft package