The birth of premium denim was intrinsically intertwined with the Fall 2000 launch of 7 For All Mankind. The Los Angeles, California brand changed the landscape of denim forever when it exploded on the scene and earned critical acclaim due to its innovation in fit, fabric and finish. 7 For All Mankind caused a paradigm shift on how people thought about and wore jeans. It’s the tradition of artisanal craftsmanship merged with ground-breaking textiles and technology that were used to change denim forever.
As the leaders of denim innovation, 7 For All Mankind prides itself on several categories of denim innovation for both men and women. Slim Illusion for women launched in Fall 2012 and has become a seasonal staple for the brand. With great stretch recovery that slims and shapes, Slim Illusion jeans offer maximum comfort and stretch while maintaining the integrity and character of denim. The brand’s newest denim category for women, appropriately labeled b(air) denim takes the combination of comfort and aesthetic to a whole new level. This ultra-lightweight denim is soft as silk and light as air; the first of its kind to hold its shape while offering imperceptible comfort.
Luxe Performance is 7 For All Mankind’s best-selling jean for men and combines comfort, both inside and out, along with great fabric recovery to keep the wearer looking his best throughout the day. With only 1% growth and over 90% recovery, the fabric is brushed on the inside to create the feel of cashmere and the outside has an unbelievably soft hand feel. Following its’ successful worldwide launch, Foolproof Denim has allowed men across the world to dry without fear. The long-awaited answer to a standing denim problem, these groundbreaking jeans won’t shrink or grow after wash or wear.
7 For All Mankind has sought to seek and utilize inspiration from individuals that express creativity through various outlets and mediums. The brand has partnered with multi-faceted artist and actor James Franco to imagine and create multimedia brand campaigns that encompass the California spirit and denim DNA. Other past collaborations include Zac Posen, Azzedine Alaia and Pucci. Most recently, the brand has partnered with couturier Giambattista Valli for a capsule collection. The brand continues to rank as a preferred jean among Hollywood’s leading ladies such as Bella and Gigi Hadid, Kendall and Kyle Jenner, Kristen Stewart, Selena Gomez and Miranda Kerr.With the launch of the men’s collection in 2002, male celebrities such as Mark Wahlberg, Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Bradley Cooper began to get their denim fix from 7 For All Mankind as well.In 2016, actress Zoe Saldana became the new face of 7 For All Mankind’s launch of the revolutionary b(air) denim.
In just over a decade, 7 For All Mankind has become an established modern classic for its sophisticated fits as well as a fashion leader; pushing the boundaries of cutting edge design and innovation. As the original premium denim company, 7 For All Mankind continues its commitment to quality and design, remaining a brand that is trusted, respected and loved.
Descrizione del posto
The Designer, reporting to the Head of Design, creates the denim collection (bottom and tops), ensuring alignment within seasonal creative direction
- Design product category
- Research/ propose design ideas, fabrics, finish, fit, trims and seasonal colour story for relevant product category. Translate concepts into rough sketches
- Sketch level: add detail, colours and specific styling ideas. Propose fabric and finish per style level
- Fabric developments: finalise concepts using input garments to describe looks
- Finish concepts: propose finish ideas using images or competitor’s samples or fabric swatches
- Choose supplier colours, brief with large swatches or industry standard palette ID (eg. Pantone)
- Approve final fabrics
- Trims: propose trim concepts per style, support development within GTM calendar deadlines
- Support fittings of prototypes in-house and on-site. Describe desired look
- Conduct consumer market research to identify trends appropriate to the Brand. Keep updated with general market trends, changing consumer behaviour and new product opportunities.
- Propose innovation (style/fabric/finish/detail/colour) that is in line with strategic creative direction
- Collaborate closely with rest of design team to ensure 7FAM handwriting and detailing throughout design process
2. Creative design process
Support the execution of design process from initial briefing (design/trend/colour) sketch and prototype review to final sign off.
- Assure that all design activities are within Go To Market calendar deadlines and are In line within signed off creative direction
- Assure proper communication with development throughout the entire process
- Support efficient ways of working and help to solve design construction/fabric/
- Support completion of seasonal design concepts, proposals of fabric selections, colour cards and design briefings as well as fitting of prototypes
- Support execution of design boards as well as power point presentations
3. Communication, presentations and administration
- Create and maintain all design records, including technical data sheets and
- Daily communication with internal department on line related issues, solutions
- Work closely with Design Manager to ensure alignment and smooth ways of working within calendar deadlines
Internal: graphic designer, developers, fabric and trim department, fabric and finish developers
External: fabric suppliers, finish experts, factories (own and external), markets