Head of Specialties - Zlabels Berlin
Descrizione del posto
Zalando's success also tells the story of our exceptional team and our efforts. We are always happy to welcome new colleagues who join us in creating the world's best online fashion experience.
zLabels is Zalando's fashion subsidiary. Located in the heart of Berlin, we develop fashion brands handling every step in the product lifecycle from initial design right through to distribution. When designing for new labels we draw inspiration from haute couture collections and young unconventional designers. We have a wide range of fashion labels and brands: from sporty men's fashion to refined women's wear up to modern kids shoe collections. Some of our brands and labels like mint&berry, Zign and Twintip have become extremely successful during the last few years, establishing ourselves as a professional fashion company. We plan to continue and build upon this success in the future.
As Head of Specialties you will have end-to-end responsibility for the management and steering of our sub-categories Accessories, Sports, Underwear and Kids. Your will take over ownership for these fast growing sub-categories. You will establish long-term goals and strategy to secure global brand vision and corporate objectives. You will be a part of the leadership team of the company.
* You will have the total commercial and operational responsibility for the further development of the Specialty area - Accessories, Sports, Underwear, and Kids
* You will analyze these four sub-categories and develop the right strategy to satisfy our consumers and customers
* You will develop the Specialty sub-categories in their entirety and will interact with the main stakeholders - Category Management, Merchandising etc.
* You will have overall responsibility for the P&L of the sub-categories
* You will be responsible for the areas with the highest growth potential
* You will be responsible for separately analyzing each sub-category and pulling specific levers to further push the growth momentum
* You will manage the product side by working on solutions to strengthening profitability and to reduce lead times
* You will directly lead & develop 4 employees, while the whole team consists of more than 45 colleagues
WHAT YOU´VE GOT
* You have a minimum of 7 years relevant professional experience in the fashion industry, in a leadership role, ideally with a general management scope
* You have a proven ability to drive operational retail execution; you're a hands-on commercial operator, whilst at the same time you're a strategic commercial thinker; You translate customer needs and commercial opportunities into a sound commercial plan that yields results on both the short and the mid-term
* You have outstanding P&L management capabilities and can deliver our ambitious goals (including planning, monitoring and taking actions)
* You enjoy leading a team and have a broad experience in leading experts through inspirational leadership and coaching
* You think fast, work proactively and always keep on top of things even in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment
* You can easily conduct negotiations in English and both your oral and written skills are exemplary
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Ours is one of the most spectacularly successful stories in e-commerce. But we mostly prefer to concentrate on writing the next chapter. When you join us, you can not only expect to become part of an extraordinary and ambitious team, but a whole lot more:
* Boredom doesn't get a look in here! Zalando is a working environment where something new happens every day
* An international team of experts to inspire and support you
* Training and further development opportunities to expand your skills and help you on your way
* The security of an expanding company with more than 11,000 employees and a company pension scheme
* Attractive employee discounts in our online shop
* An easily accessible workplace right on the main arteries of the hottest Berlin districts
* A feel-good team: We don't just work well together; we also like to get together after work