Finance Analyst - Corporate Finance
Michael Kors is a leading American luxury lifestyle brand with an influential global presence, offering women’s accessories, footwear, clothing and fragrance collections under the signature Michael Kors collection, KORS Michael Kors and MICHAEL Michael Kors labels. In addition, the company offers men’s sportswear, tailored clothing, furnishings and fragrance under the Michael Kors label. Each reflects the unique point of view of designer Michael Kors: style that successfully juxtaposes tailored and glam, sexy and sporty, polished and casual, whether for day or night, weekend or work, home or destination. Created in 1981 and headquartered in New York City, the Michael Kors organization will have over 200 stores in 74 countries worldwide by the end of 2011, as well as a wholesale distribution to top department and specialty stores globally.
Descrizione del posto
This is an exciting opportunity for a Finance Analyst to join the Michael Kors Commercial Finance team.
The Senior Finance Analyst is responsible for the financial planning as well as the financial analysis and support to the business of Michael Kors Europe.
- Preparation of corporate budgets and reforecasts in conjunction with business partners for corporate cost centers
- Consolidation within deadlines of full European P&L reforecast and budgets combining Retail, Wholesale, Concessions and Ecommerce from other members of the finance team
- Preparing management reports and KPIs, providing analysis of the key areas highlighting risks and opportunities, and assisting management in developing action plans and recommendations for improvements
- Corporate costs monitoring against budgets and reforecasts highlighting areas of overspend and assisting the business partners in the costs tracking and variance explanations
- Coordinate with the accounting team in order to improve accuracy of the reporting, providing more accurate and meaningful management information
- Assisting in monthly and quarterly closings and provide comments and variance analysis vs budgets and reforecasts
- Build robust capital expenditure requests and business cases for all corporate capital projects
- Contributing to the implementation of business and system projects as identified by the management to improve financial control, as well as ad-hoc projects defined by the management
- University Graduate in Economics
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Four years of experience in a consultancy firm, a previous experience in a commercial finance department would be desirable
- Ability to communicate with finance and non finance business partners
- Strong communication skills in a cross-cultural environment,
- Be a self starter able to manage own time and priorities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V