Director Accounting Emea
Michael Kors is a leading American luxury lifestyle brand with an influential global presence, offering women’s accessories, footwear, clothing and fragrance collections under the signature Michael Kors collection, KORS Michael Kors and MICHAEL Michael Kors labels. In addition, the company offers men’s sportswear, tailored clothing, furnishings and fragrance under the Michael Kors label. Each reflects the unique point of view of designer Michael Kors: style that successfully juxtaposes tailored and glam, sexy and sporty, polished and casual, whether for day or night, weekend or work, home or destination. Created in 1981 and headquartered in New York City, the Michael Kors organization will have over 200 stores in 74 countries worldwide by the end of 2011, as well as a wholesale distribution to top department and specialty stores globally.
Descrizione del posto
The primary purpose of this position is management of accounting, reporting and tax requirements of EMEA legal entities and oversight of the Accounts Payable department.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial management information is produced and reported to the Group including: Month and Quarter end closing, reporting and consolidation;
- Monitor closely and coordinate work performed by local accounting firms;
- Main point of contact for both external auditors and tax advisors;
- Act as the reference person for all corporate accounting queries and liaise with the US Finance team
- Coordinate annual statutory reporting and filings, VAT and corporate taxation, including inspections and related queries;
- Improve and sustain the improvement of internal control environment in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley act requirements;
- Monitor and improve the performance of general ledger and accounts payable accounting teams, and be a key player for process improvement initiatives involving other departments;
- Lead Accounting and Reporting workstream for ERP implementation;
- Provide top-quality assistance and support to all internal and external business partners.
- 8 - 10 years of combined Public Accounting and Private Industry accounting experience within a multinational business
- Experience in analyzing business performance and developing financial plans within a manufacturing environment desirable
- Outstanding management skills for supervision of a team
- Proven ability to motivate, coach and develop others
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact multi-culturally
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Organization skills and achievement drive
- Hands-on proactive approach, action oriented
- Ability to demonstrate business judgment
- Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to changing environments
- Technical knowledge, CPA with post qualification experience in practice or industry, experience with a big 4 is a plus
- Proficient in Excel, experience with JD Edwards Finance, a plus
- Languages: Fluent English is a mandatory requirement; French and German are a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/D/F/V