Demand & Supply Planner
Influential, innovative and progressive, Gucci is reinventing a wholly modern approach to fashion. Under the new vision of creative director Alessandro Michele, the House has redefined luxury for the 21st century, further reinforcing its position as one of the world's most desirable fashion houses. Eclectic, contemporary, romantic—Gucci products represent the pinnacle of Italian craftsmanship and are unsurpassed for their quality and attention to detail.
Gucci is part of the Kering Group, a world leader in apparel and accessories that owns a portfolio of powerful luxury and sport and lifestyle brands.
For further information about Gucci, visit www.gucci.com
Descrizione del posto
Demand & Supply Planner (D&SP) responsibilities include demand management, inventory planning and carry over orders definition for specific departments.
D&SP is responsible to analyze demand changes in the business to ensure high accuracy of forecast and to ensure accuracy in inventory level, particularly from the point of view of long/medium term. The process and the responsibility will be in the first phase concentrated mainly on carry over items.
- Design and generate monthly statistical forecasting models.
- Conduct current and future forecasting analysis, ensure that processes and methods followed are based on the best practice (continuous improvement of forecasting techniques, methods and approaches)
- Measure the forecast accuracy
- Control inventory targets approved by management to guarantee the right coverage in order to avoid lost sales or over stock situations
- Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to create sales forecast according to different layers of analysis: historical sales, market trends, seasonality, advertisements and assortment variation for each Channel
- Make recommendation of inventory targets adjustments based on changes in demand and market trends
- Organize forecast and inventory planning meetings with Merchandising Department to review sales forecasts and inventory coverage (emphasis on brand transitions, new product introduction, event, phase in and phase out items)
- Produce order of carry over items to provide Production Departments the inputs to satisfy the demand
- Evolve and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems
- Prepare reports and communicate forecast and inventory measurements to the management (forecast accuracy, inventory plan vs. targets)
- Develop systems and procedures required to meet service level and inventory objectives
- Constant interaction with Retail and Merchandising Departments and assessment of demand requirements to reflect changes in SKU forecast level (particularly for top seller)
- Bachelor degree in statistic, mathematics, engineering or related fields
- At least 6 months of experience in the role, scheduling, forecasting and planning
- Strong analytical abilities
- Fluent Eniglish communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Access, and SQL, ERP and statistical software packages
- Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing, operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues
- Good communication and team building skills
- Detail oriented
- Extreme accuracy
- Extensive spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical skills
- Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics
- Ability to lead cross-functionally
- Collaborative skills in resolving long and short positions in inventory
- Experience in managing end of life cycle and obsolete inventory